Release 1.2.11 of log4net has these changes (source):
log4net 1.2.11 is not only a bug fix release, it also adds support for Microsoft® .NET 4.0 as well as the client profiles of .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0. … The binary distributions no longer contain assemblies built for the Compact Framework 1.0 or the Shared Source CLI - you can build those yourself using the source distribution.
NOTE: The signature of ILoggerFactory.CreateLogger has changed!
Some of the bug fixes:
- Visual Studio 2010 .NET 4.0 Application does not copy log4net lib to bin directory
- RemoteFileAppender Tests fail on Windows 7
- log4net doesn't log when running a .Net 4.0 Windows application built in Release mode
- EventLogAppender's ActivateOptions throws SecurityException on Vista/Win2k3 and later when not run as administrator
Some of the improvements:
- support .NET 2.0 connectionStrings configuration section
- IPAddressConverter improvement for .NET 2 or .NET 3
- Add Cc and Bcc support to SmtpAppender
Some new features:
- add the ability to roll files based on universal time (UTC).
- Support ASP.Net related PatternConverters to allow items from the HttpContext.Current.Session, Cache, Request, etc. to be captured.
- Build for Compact Framework 2.0
- Added ExceptionEvaluator
- Add TimeEvaluator
- New property ReplyTo address for the SmtpAppender required
- Buildable with VS 2008 and .NET FW 3.5
- - Support .NET 4.0 including Client Profile
- Logging: Log4Net Part I
- Logging: Log4Net Part II
- Logging: Log4Net Part III
- Logging: What/When to log?
- Logging: Log4Net Custom AdoNetAdapter and RollingFileAppender with XML
- Log4net web site
- Download Log4net